So my friend Kerry tagged me and I'm supposed to tell you 7 RANDOM things about myself...so here goes:
1. Before having children I loved to travel--and fly on airplanes. I cannot to this day get on an airplane, unless they are with me. Stupid anxiety. I hate it. It's crippling but I'm working on it.
2. When I was in high school I was an exchange student and lived in Japan with two families. It was one of the best experiences of my life. I'm sad I don't know how to get in touch with those families today.
3. My dog Sarabi turned 11 yesterday. He's lived with me longer than anyone else in my immediate family.
4. In two weeks I will be at my 15 year college reunion. I don't do small talk so this will be difficult for me.
5. I started watching Soap Operas when I was 11. BAD habit that I blame my mother for. To this day I still watch All My Children and General Hospital and once in a while The Young and the Restless. Hey, it passes the time when I'm working on the computer and it's late (thank you soap net).
6. I never get enough sleep. Even when I have the time to nap I get distracted.
7. I threw away a very solid, secure six figure income with benefits six months ago. It was THE BEST decision I have EVER made. So grateful for friends like June who urged me to "JUST DO IT" Taking this huge risk was totally worth it.
So, now I'm tagging Felecia, Katherine and Carrie!!
When I told them there was no Noggin when I was a kid the look on their faces said it all. Then Katie says: "Mom, was there leapster?" Me: "Nope" Her: "How boring!!" Her: "cameras?" Me: "Yep, but they didn't show us the picture right away, and we had to wait a week to get our pictures" Her: "wow...that's a long time". Her: "did you have a swimming pool?" Me: Another Nope.
The questions went on and on. I wrote down the things they were asking about so I have something to journal as this would make a funny scrapbook page. Ryan wanted to know if I had cheese when I was a kid. Thankfully yes, as I practically lived on grilled cheese sandwiches and quesadillas.
Katie caught her 9th lizard this week as you can see in the picture. I tell you--everyday she's hunting for them. Took her 3 days to get this little guy! (she does put them back in the rocks when we go inside.)
Have a great weekend!
I've been busy...here's a quick update:
*Got a lovely new laptop--17 inch monitor = heaven
*Attended CHA and got to work in the Junkitz booth = heaven (wait until you see the extreme boy line Teresa Collins created!!)
*Have lost 4 pounds since starting back on weight watchers a couple weeks ago = heaven
*Hosted sorority rush at the house last weekend = clean house = heaven
*Completely remodeled my living room, paint and all = heaven
*Katie is sick, so sick I had to pick her up from school today NOT heaven
*Enjoying working from home = heaven x 10!!!
How are all of you??
What a wonderful thing to wake up to!! It was 27 degrees and looking out the window was breath- taking.
Drove Katie to school and heard the loud-speaker announcement "teachers, it's snowing, please let the kids inside" makes me laugh because it was just little flurries..but they were sticking!
With my camera in hand I drove around town - the University was so pretty...I remembered when it snowed while I was pledging in January 1990 - Here are some pics of the city (ur) at 8:00 a.m.:
The picture above is the entire area in front of the administration building, you can't see it very well, but some students paved a huge peace sign in it! By the time I got home to bundle up Ryan and take him back out around 9--it was almost all gone!
Here's a couple of Ryan:
Yes, he was throwing snowballs at me :)